I ate a bit too much of the wrong foods, did you?? Coach Josh gives us some of his tips…
OK… let’s be honest… we all ate too much over the Christmas break (even if you don’t celebrate, there tends to be a lot of extra calories lying around…)
And if you didn’t… well then you get a GIANT gold star! (Keep it up!)
As for the rest of us…
Like you, I had great intentions of sticking to my nutrition program during the holidays, but something changed my plans.
And that “something” came in the form of three GINOURMOUS baskets of goodies!
Here’s one of these baskets sitting on my dining room table (before I cleaned it out):
Here’s a question, what do you think my well-meaning family members and friends get for a nutrition nut like me for Christmas?
Answer… a big basket of JUNK FOOD!
NOOOO!!! (Why do they torture me like this?)
Talk about temptation… the basket above was stuffed with chocolate chip cookies (oh my), caramels, dark chocolate bars, truffles, “yogurt” covered pretzels, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (no!), chips, cheeses, trail mix, crackers, and just about every last “trigger food” you can think of.
I think the ONLY junk food not in this basket (or in one of the other two baskets) was pizza. And that’s just because no one has figured out how to freeze-dry pizza yet. (Or have they?)
Well, I did my best to avoid digging into this basket of goodies for a few days. I was proud of my iron willpower. But then on Christmas Eve my girl Kim and I couldn’t take it a second longer… we mentally broke and dug into those treasure troves like a pack of wild hyenas!
When I finally “came to” there were empty boxes and wrappers all over the place… and my “partner-in-crime”, Kim, was right there with crumbs all over her face, too.
Then I ate even more of this type of food on Christmas day…
So now, today, I’m CRAVING these junk foods like crazy. But instead of throwing in the towel and gaining a lot more blubber, I’m fighting back by doing these 5 tricks to crush 1000 calories every day this week:
1. I threw out ALL of the junk food from my house. It’s true; if it’s out of sight it will be out of mind, too. (Calories saved = 1500 per day… maybe more.)
2. I’m increasing my fiber intake to 40 grams per day. (Most Americans only get 15.) This will help clean out pounds of “toxic junk” from my digestive system right away AND help me feel full longer. High-fiber foods include: barley, beans (black beans, navy beans, and lima), bran, cereal, peas, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, red potatoes with the skin, broccoli, oatmeal, and apples. I also use Benefiber in my nutrition shakes which you can find at any grocery store. (Calories saved… 400 a day.)
3. I’m dropping my total sugar intake to 30 grams or less per day. Sugar causes belly (and body) blubber, it lowers your immune system, and it is highly addictive, as I soon rediscovered after my holiday. Lose it and you’ll lose those pesky cravings, too. (Calories saved… 300 a day.)
4. I’m drinking a gallon of water a day to help flush my system and to improve my natural calorie-burning metabolism. If you aren’t properly hydrated you won’t burn the flab as fast as you could. It’s true.
5. I’m exercising intensely twice a day for 30 to 45 minutes a session. Today I exercised with weights and tonight I went on a 30 minute walk/jog on the treadmill. Remember… body blubber is just stored fuel. To burn it, you gotta move! (Calories burned = 400 a day.)
So there are 5 easy tips that can help you keep over 1000 calories off your body this week.
Now my final tip is to believe in yourself and stay positive. So many people “beat themselves up” with negative thinking and hyper-critical thoughts when they go off track. Don’t do this. Be your #1 fan and encourage yourself no matter what. We can do this together!
Thank you Coach Josh, and now I would like to add my suggestions to the ones you’ve given us here. In the morning, start with a bulletproof coffee, and eat some fiber food with breakfast- apples are great! Want a hamburger for lunch? Make it a double cheeseburger and put it on a plate atop the lettuce, then spread mayo and mustard on it and decorate with tomatoes, and whatever else you like on your burger, perhaps purple onions and avocado? Get your knife and fork and enjoy! Want a baked potato with your steak for dinner? Load it up with real butter and sour cream, along with any other toppings you like, perhaps shredded cheddar? Make sure you are eating chemical-free and getting a lot of natural saturated fat. Also, count carbs, not calories, keeping them under 100 as much as possible. What, you may ask, is chemical-free? That is covered on my EAT HEALTHY! page. You may nibble and eat as often as you like throughout the day and Fat Bombs are great for getting you back on track! Keep your foods as natural as possible and you’ll be back on track before you know it!
HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!! TO YOUR GOOD HEALTH!
Please note that any advertisements that you see on this blog are placed here by WordPress.com. The Administrators of this blog have no connection to or financial interest in any of the promoted products and/or services and gain no income from any advertising displayed on this blog.