Judy asked several questions and yesterday we addressed her question of how many calories she should eat for weight loss and recommended she ignore those and instead just count carbs.
Today we address her question, ‘What types of foods should I be eating for weight loss?’ This is no doubt our most studied and favorite subject. Our motto is IF GOD MADE IT, EAT IT– IF MAN PLAYED WITH IT, changed it and tells you it has been improved upon– DON’T eat it!
WHY? Large companies looking to make huge profits will take perfectly good food, change it, tell you they have made it better and improved it– even tell you why– thus getting people to buy their brand when those people now believe something that isn’t true but sounds right to them. We believe when God provided man with food it was good and didn’t need improving.
Therefore, for weight loss, you should eat a diet of mostly fats, some meats, some fresh vegetables, coffee, tea and water.
- FRUITS- There are many and they are good for us, providing fiber as well as great nutrition. I keep my bowels in great working order by eating fruit for breakfast and salad with dinner. When counting carbs, you will need to watch and limit how much fruit you consume, since it is high in natural sugar and therefore high in carbs. GOOD NEWS– most berries may be eaten since their carb count is less.
- VEGETABLES- There is a wide variety of wonderful and tasty veggies. Most can be eaten raw or cooked, but please don’t drown them in water and boil the nutrition out of them. They are great steamed and served with a pat of butter. Starchy vegetables are good for us too, but we need to be aware of how many carbs they contain. Starchy veggies include potatoes of all kinds, kidney and navy beans, corn and even peas should be largely avoided on the low carb diet.
- MEATS- These are best if raised free range and NOT FED with grains and food that has been altered (GMO) and that contain antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, herbicides or any artificial ingredients whatsoever. When buying fish, don’t get the ‘farm raised’, but instead go for the wild caught. I realize that getting good quality meats, fish and eggs may be all but impossible and more expensive, but if you can you should. You may ask WHY?? Well, if the animal ate an unhealthy diet, it is in his body and when you eat him, that is what you get a bit of too. However, I’m not too concerned with where our meat comes from because we take great quality supplements- Zeolite to rid us of toxins and sun-ripened foods in our vitamins to keep us well. It works for us and I’m confident it’ll work for you.
- DAIRY- If God intended us to eat low-fat foods, He would have provided us with low-fat milk, cheese, butter, and wherever else you find it. Natural fats are high in calories, but have no carbs. Natural fats give food a wonderful flavor and make us feel full and satisfied before we’ve had a chance to overeat. If you’ve been told that ALL fats are off limits, then you’re listening to the wrong people. Avoid trans fats– if the food you want has been hydrogenated, don’t buy it! Purchase and eat only foods with fats that are saturated. Saturated fats = good, eat all you want. Trans fats = bad, avoid always!! This means eat real butter, not margarine, use real milk and cream, not something made from soy and when you buy cheese, get the one with the highest fat content, not something that has had its fat mostly removed. God intends us to eat well and when we do, He rewards us with good health.
- GRAINS- Wheat, Corn, Oats, Rice, Barley- all grains are wonderful gifts from God, but man has abused them terribly, making it hard to find them in a state that’s good for us to eat! For that reason plus the fact they are high in carbs, is why we’re now being told they have no place in a healthy diet to lose weight.
- WATER- Purified water is best, whether from your own system or bottled. Unless you know what is in your tap water, you may choose to filter.
Judy also wondered if she should get a Bodybugg, Fitbit 0r some exercise equipment to help her succeed. My doctors had me quit the gym and I doubt that I’ll go back, since we have a rebounder, stationary bike and several weights that I can use to do all the exercises that have been requested of me. Exercise for our muscles is very important, because we either use ’em or lose ’em. Also the latest info from Dr. Ken Berry, MD is don’t exercise just to lose weight– much more important to eat right!!
We recommended Judy read through our EAT HEALTHY! page and believe you should as well. It is something everyone can benefit from.
THE BOTTOM LINE– Eating a KETO diet is the best way to lose safely and often quickly as well, PLUS it allows our bodies to heal in many ways that will surely surprise you.
TO YOUR GOOD HEALTH!
Please note that any advertisements that you see on this blog are placed here by WordPress.com. The Administrators of this blog have no connection to or financial interest in any of the promoted products and/or services and gain no income from any advertising displayed on this blog. F