For most of my life I was told that ALL fat is bad- high in calories- not healthy- would add rolls of fat to my body– perhaps you were led to believe this too, but the GOOD NEWS is that yes, it is high in calories, but usually has zero carbs and is only bad for our health if it is trans (man-made) fat. The natural fats we get from Mother Nature are called saturated fats and those are very good for us. Natural saturated fats add flavor to our foods and make us feel full much faster than if they weren’t there. Perhaps you’ve heard someone say ‘oh that is too rich- I just can’t eat any more of it’. Those good fats seem to have a way of closing down our hunger. Josh and Joel has sent us an interesting email we want to share with you here!
8 reasons you should be eating MORE FAT (some will shock you)
Well, hello there! It’s Joel and I’m right in the middle of enjoying some fresh, homemade guacamole and gluten free tortilla chips (made from rice flour). It sure is a nice, yummy fat-burning snack on a beautiful day here in Miami, Florida.
Now, most people don’t think of guacamole as a fat-burning snack because it’s very high in fat, but avocados are actually one of the healthiest, fat blasting foods around. In fact, the notion that eating fat makes you fat couldn’t be more wrong, as eating fat, and lots of it, is a critical part of achieving optimal health and the body you want.
Why? Here are 8 great reasons:
1. When added to a meal, fat slows gastric emptying and helps to stabilize blood sugar levels in response to a meal. Here’s another simple way to stabilize your blood sugar.
2. Like protein, fats keep you feeling full and satiated much longer than carbs do.
3. Due to the above fact, eating fat also helps you avoid carb cravings (which is the real contributor to increased body fat levels). Another tool to help you with your carb intake can be had by taking the IC-5.
4. Fat helps to optimize your hormone levels as fat is a major player in your endocrine (hormone) system.
5. Fat, particularly this kind, contributes to healthier skin, hair, and a more youthful appearance.
6. Fat also plays a critical role in your nervous system, giving you energy and keeping you alert. In fact, there is one particular fat that makes up 97% of all the fatty acids in your brain. If you want a healthy brain, make sure you’re getting plenty of this “super fat” every day.
7. Given the same calorie intake, by introducing more fat into your diet you’ll automatically reduce your carb intake. Carbs can be really troublesome when it comes to losing belly fat, which is why we recommend adding IC-5 to your program when eating carbs.
8. There are even certain types of fats, like CLA found in grass fed beef and organic dairy products, that have been shown to boost metabolism.
When it comes to LOSING fat, EATING fat is king!
If there’s one fat that I feel is the absolute #1 fat that you need to be consuming each and every day, however, it’s this one. You’ll see why when you visit this page.
Once you’ve done that, enjoy the rest of your day and have some guacamole on me!
To your success,
Joel Marion, CISSN
Co-Founder, BioTrust Nutrition