As we discover yummy and healthy recipes that will make or add to your meals, we will share them with you here. HAPPY EATING!
We love tacos, but don’t always want a tortilla, so we put some bakers in the oven, make the Taco filling, chop up the toppings- onions, tomatoes, olives, sometimes avocado, then when the potatoes and filling is done, we put our favorite green salad mix on a plate, place our baker on top, open and fill it with the meat mixture, then top it with the chopped up veggies, sour cream, shredded cheese and hot sauce. This is indeed one of our favorite meals.
Parmesan Baked Potato Halves
- 6 small potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup butter
- grated Parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
- other seasonings (to personal preference)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter and pour into a 9×13 inch pan and spread evenly across the bottom. Generously sprinkle Parmesan cheese and lightly sprinkle other seasonings all over the butter. Place potato halves face down on the butter and seasonings. Place in preheated oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Cool for at least a FULL 5 minutes before removing from the pan, otherwise the Parmesan crust won’t stick to the potato. Serve on a plate with a side of sour cream for dipping.
Chocolate Banana Waffles
- 3/4 cup – flour, (buckwheat or your favorite gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup – cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon – baking powder
- 1 teaspoon – cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon – coconut oil
- 1 medium – banana
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 large – egg
- 1/2 cup – milk
- Add the dry ingredients to a medium bowl.
- Melt and cool coconut oil. Stir in the wet ingredients to create a thick batter.
- Cook in waffle iron- No waffle iron? Make pancakes! Garnish with banana pieces or other topping of choice– choc. chips & whipped cream?
TO YOUR GOOD HEALTH- EAT DELICIOUSLY!
Please note that any advertisements that you see on this blog are placed here by WordPress.com. The Administrators of this blog have no connection to or financial interest in any of the promoted products and/or services and gain no income from any advertising displayed on this blog.